Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

1st Annual Roderick Roundup

What a fun week!  They rented out a lake house just outside of New Braunfels right on the river.  It was a really nice house and all of the Roderick's were all together under one roof.     






Homer also got us all matching handkerchief's that he wanted us to wear, but he didn't specify how we were supposed to wear them in public.


We spent the week playing with nieces and nephews and having lots of picnics=eating lots of ham sandwiches and sun chips. There were 6 kids under the age of six so we spent a lot of time at the park.  We also went on a glass bottom boat in San Marcos and saw tons of fish and turtles. There we learned how the Edwards Aquifer works and how badly we need rain!



 It gets so hot in Texas, so we spent most of our time near the water.  Dave's gonna be such a good dad someday :)  Us Roderick ladies love the sun and the pool.




 Everyone came down to San Antonio for a day and we got to show them around.  Of course, the Roderick's unanimously voted for Mexican food so we took them downtown.  We celebrated Homer's birthday at Mi Tierra and then showed everyone the beautiful riverwalk.  It was really pleasant in the shade!
We finished up the day with a temple session. I think everyone really enjoyed it and it was fun for us to show everyone around our town. 
We also spent a day at Schlitterbahn's where we ran all over with Dave's parents to all 3 different water parks.  I really wish I had brought a water-proof camera cause there were some crazy rides that would've made for some hilarious pictures.  Dave would've had to take all the pictures because my hands were occupied holding onto my rafts with a death grip.  I was very impressed with myself though for even going on the big, scary rides. 
   We also took Adam and Jill to our church on Wednesday night to play basketball.  Although it was the most crowded night we had ever had there, we had a great time playing together.  I just loved the fact that for once I wasn't the only girl there!  Dave's dream was realized and we had a complete team of 4 Rodericks.  And in case you were wondering, we did win a game, our very last game, so Dave says that we went home the ultimate winners of the night :)

And last but not least, we spent some time hanging out in the back yard, swimming in the river. 
 These are some awesome shots of the kids out back swimming and jumping off the deck.  Seeing the huge weggies that those life jackets gave the girls, Dave and I have decided that we are going to teach our children to swim at a very young age. 
 The last evening we got Homer and Susan out on the rope swing with us.  We had lots of fun taking pictures and videos of eachother and watching Dave attempt to do a backflip.

 I don't know how Dave talked me into it, but Homer gave him this idea to try it backwards so he wanted to try it.  Somehow I got in there too.  We had such a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. you're so tan and cute! jealous! looks like fun times :)

    ReplyDelete