Dave loves going dirt biking with Tom Tom at the park. We got to hang out with my parents and eat at some of my favorite places.
Also, we got to see one of Tia's swim meets and were able to have a couple sleep over's with my nieces and nephew. Sometimes it's just fun to be a part of their everyday activities, things are a lot more exciting in a big family and with kids around.
Moving to Texas, I've realized that I definitely took growing up an hour away from Yosemite for granted. I wanted Dave to see it and I sure miss those mountains!
Because it was Memorial day weekend, it was extremely crowded driving down to Yosemite Valley. We stopped at a lookout point to stretch our legs when I heard my name being yelled. I couldn't believe it as I turned around and saw Anne (one of my close high school friends who I haven't seen in years) It was so great to see her and meet her new husband!
We stayed at one of our favorite spots, Curry Village. They're big house tents with beds for 5 with bedding. We managed to squeeze all 7 of us in there. We were sure glad that we brought some extra sleeping bags because we almost froze to death!
Once the sun came up the next morning it was a beautiful day.
I especially love the fresh crisp air and everywhere you turn there are beautiful trees, wildlife or waterfalls!
If you have not been to Yosemite, it should definitely be on your list of places to visit. It has such a unique beauty that I haven't found anywhere else. Dave loved it and is excited to go camp there with our children someday. What a beautiful world we live on!

No comments:
Post a Comment