Texas has a lot to offer, so this past weekend we decided to try out the Fair. We were also wanting to go visit Dave's parents and I was looking for an excuse to get up there because one of my best friends/roommates from college just moved to Dallas. We went on an adventure and took the Dart (Dallas public train) and didn't have to worry about traffic or parking which was awesome! We were greeted by the famous, talking "Big Tex as we walked in.

Whenever I mentioned the fair, people always bring up the fried food. There were fried twinkies, fried coca-cola, fried bubble gum, fried cheesecake and brownies. You name it, it was probably there and fried. We weren't too brave, we ended up getting fried corndogs and french fries :)
It was extremely crowded, so we walked around and saw all the free shows including pig racing, amazing Chinese acrobats, performing dogs and BMX biking. There were also car shows and tons of vendors. Someday we'll try out the ferris wheel, it sure looked fun!
I only wanted one thing from the fair...cotton candy. I seriously love sugar and cotton candy is always a huge temptation for me at any public event I go to. I picked out the biggest bag possible and I couldn't have been happier! It was the best cotton candy I've ever had, it was so smooth and did not get all crystally, despite the crazy humidity. It was a long and late 4 hour drive home but luckily I had that cotton candy to savor the whole way home.
We had such a fun weekend and I can't believe Cari Sue is here in Texas with me! Also, we're glad we finally got the Texas fair experience, it should last us for quite a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment