We spent Christmas up in Joshua with the Rodericks.
.jpg)
We had a blast in the warm weather raking leaves and then letting the kids play in them. Dave did scare little Caleb pretty good after he took off from across the yard and fell in this pile. He had leaves everywhere after crawling in them!We drove into Arlington on Christmas eve to see the famous Interlochen lights. We had gone before, but this time we put the shell on the pickup and also stuck in a twin mattress. We rode in the back with Tom & Katie while the kids rode in the truck with Grandma & Grandpa. It was surprisingly very comfortable back there and what a fun little double date it was looking at all the beautiful houses. We finished the night with some delicious Braum's ice cream :)
Christmas day we had a feast and enjoyed being together and exchanging gifts.

And mother nature gave us the gift of snow Christmas afternoon, (which I did not ask for)
For my mother-in-law, the day after Christmas is a very important part of the season. She's taught me the art of hitting up the after-Christmas sales and this year for the first time I really got into it! I'm sure I doubled our Christmas decor collection, all at 50%-75% off. I had so much fun with her and I even did a little bit more the next morning back in San Antonio. She's got me hooked!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment