Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm a quarter century old!

Today I turned 25.  It's crazy to think I've been blogging for over a year, but it's true. Last year, this was the breakfast I was woken up to...             click to see more http://lavasquared.blogspot.com/2010/05/lisas-24th-birthday.html
I knew last years would be hard to beat, so I wasn't expecting much. But this is what I got...
Now it looks like Dave might've gotten a little lazy, but this made me so happy!  I love maple bars.  They are sold everywhere in Fresno, but I haven't found anywhere here in San Antonio that has them.  Everytime I go home I insist on getting some, they are so delicious.  So last week when we were in Fresno, Dave bought a few extras and with my mom's help hid them to bring them home for my birthday breakfast.  So they put them in a ziploc bag and into our carryon.  They probably melted various times and were squished for at least 36 hours before they were served.  They were a little stale and we had to scrape the insides of the bag out to get out all the maple topping.  I put all the maple I could onto one donut and it tasted delicious!!

I took the day off of work.  My one wish was a pool day so Dave got off a little early and we took our rafts out and had a great pool day with some friends.  Then he made me some delicious chili cheese fries for dinner and we went out for ice cream.  It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday...a little late! I'm sorry I'm horrible and did nothing to wish you a happy day, but I hope it was wonderful! So so good to see you guys at Sue's wedding. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday lisa! so weird being 25 i tell ya!

    ReplyDelete