There were streamers on the fan and tons of red, orange and yellow balloons all over the floor. I gave him a huge hug and kiss, a very quick one though because his lips tasted like balloon. Also, his poor thumbs had indentions in the side from tying all the balloons. He's so great!
Then I walked into the living and noticed that our kitchen table wasn't there and the house smelled like wood. Dave had gotten a board from Home Depot and made us a homemade ping-pong table. It was so cool. We used to play ping-pong all the time when we were dating. It works great, a little smaller than a regulation table, but it'll make us better in the long run. We store it behind our dresser, against the wall in our bedroom and can't wait to bring it out on the weekends or when company comes. We're gonna paint it someday.
On Saturday we took our new tubes and went up to New Braunfels to float the Comal River again. Of course we stopped at Sonic for Happy Hour and got some big slushies. We had to hold them way up over our heads during the chutes so they wouldn't get river water in them. We had a nice relaxing afternoon tied together, floating down the river. Then Dave made us enchiladas for dinner and I made us an ice cream pie for dessert. Yum!On my mission many Hispanics did what they call a 'mordida'. When you're sitting in front of your birthday cake everyone starts chanting, "Mordida, mordida" Then someone pushes your face into the cake. It wasn't a birthday celebration without it. I managed to make it my whole mission without one. But I'll do anything with David, plus, he was so nice when he carefully fed me wedding cake at our wedding reception, I owed him one.
(PS, don't believe him, he knew exactly what he was doing...it was his idea)
What a great 365 days!
Oh. HE just couldn't wait to have the cake huh? I'll bet HE just couldn't wait. ;)
ReplyDeleteToo cute!! Congrats you guys and BTW LOVE the shirt man! We just had our first tornado touch down in Bristow this past week! Aren't you so bummed you missed that!? Ha ha
ReplyDeleteAll the best guys!
Love the cake faces...Just wait until your days get into the 1000s! Then you'll really want to throw some cake in each other's face. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary Lisa! You guys look like you are having a blast, isn't married life the best? Love your hair too.
ReplyDeleteHaha I miss you guys! Happy belated anniversary Dave and Lisa!
ReplyDelete