Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

BIG SCARE!

Last night, for the first time ever, I lost my wedding ring.  We play basketball every Wednesday night at the church right after our Youth Group activities.  Usually when I walk into the gym I see all men, but last night some of the girls were on the far end playing around.  So I dropped my stuff and ran over to play a couple rounds of knock-out with them before they left for the night.  When I got over there I realized I still had my ring on, so I ran to my back pack.  I had brought a different bag than the usual so I remember debating in my head where the safest place would be to put it.  All the girls were calling me, so I slipped it onto my key chain, something I've never done, and ran back to the game. 
    We left last night around 11 and we walked out to our car through a dark parking lot.  I got out my keys as usual and we left.  It wasn't until I got home and we started getting ready for bed that I noticed.  I went to get my ring and in a matter of one or two seconds my thought process went from, my finger to my keychain to my backpack pocket to pulling out my keychain in the dark parking lot, to the gas station we stopped by on the way home and finally to us pulling into the parking lot of our apartment.  I started to panic, Dave came and helped me search every inch of my backpack.  Nothing, I was so scared.  The scary part was that I kept questioning where it could be, I didn't have a solid memory of where I put it exactly because I was a little distracted when I put it away. We checked the parking lot, then the car and then headed back to the church.  We pulled into the church parking lot around 12:20 and turned on the bright headlights.  It was pitch black in the parking lot, but right where Dave stopped I could see a big bright sparkle ahead.  I jumped out and sure enough, it was my ring.  I couldn't believe it, I thought I had just thrown thousands of dollars down the drain.  I'm so grateful I found it!  Dave said he's really happy he got me such a bright and sparkly ring now.

1 comment:

  1. I left my ring on the bathroom counter in the Smith Fieldhouse one time for at least an hour. When it finally dawned on me that I didn't have it on, I raced back there in a panic and, luckily, it was still there. I think that's why I don't wear mine all the time now. So glad you found yours!

    ReplyDelete