Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Card

Before I got married, my mom gave me a binder with all of the Christmas cards she had done for our family.  It was so fun to read through and hear the highlights of each year since my parents were married.  I loved reading about their first couple years of marriage because, believe it or not, they had a lot of the same experiences and struggles we are going through now.  I got to read about their honeymoon adventures, financial worries, their decision to start their own family, and all about us crazy kids as we grew up.  As I was enjoying the cards I kept telling myself that I had to do the same thing for my kids...

So our first Christmas together, 2010, I justified not doing Christmas cards by the fact that just a couple months prior I had sent out thousands of thank-you cards (so it seemed, but more like a couple hundred) from our wedding, so I couldn't afford the postage and everybody was pretty up-to-date on our lives. 

This year, I had no excuse...I found a great groupon to get them real cheap and I did our first Christmas card.  This is the picture I put on there.  It was not a well-planned out picture on my part, a friend from church took it for us right outside by the church parking lot.  I'm not wearing the most flattering dress, but I assume people know I'm not fat so it didn't bother me.  Well, my sweet great-aunt sent us back a Christmas card telling us we look so happy and in love and how "it looks as though there will be a new edition to the family coming soon" and that they're so excited for us and the future ahead.  She's the sweetest thing, so I'll just assume she'll figure it out someday when our first child does comes around and it's been a lot more than 9 months since we sent her the card. 

1 comment:

  1. oh Lisa!! You look fine. And I thought it was a beautiful color on you. You've got a good attitude about it. Some people in my ward heard a rumor that I was pregnant, but figured it out when my belly stayed right where it was! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete