This is our first time with a gas stove/oven and it is exciting! In the past we've always put our cutting boards and baking sheets in the compartment under the oven, so naturally we did that again. Our first time using this oven something did not smell right. I asked David and he responded that it was just because it was our first time using it. The funky smell just got stronger and stronger so I asked Dave again and he went to go check it out and saw smoke.
Long story short, under the compartment is actually a broiler, not a storage space. So we opened it to find flames billowing like crazy. Dave sent me to find the fire extinguisher, which I could not find in my panicked state, while he tried to put it out. My panic was due to the fact that we have a sprinkler system in our place and I had no idea at what point it would go off. I ran around in circles with my brain going back and forth between fire extinguisher-cover my photo albums-no, find the fire extinguisher-no, find something to cover those valuables, etc. I basically was useless and luckily Dave decided to grab a hot pad and carry out the inflamed plastic cutting boards on a baking sheet and throw them in the dirt. Magic erasers took care of all the burn marks on our nice bright white oven and we sure learned our lesson!
No comments:
Post a Comment