Once we got the job and decided we were gonna go for it, I consistently called all 3 just to check for openings. And of course our top pick, (the brand new complex with 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, an amazing exercise room, car was station, tennis court, outdoor basketball court, is built around a city park, and is about 2 miles from Dave's work) happened to call me back with an opening. And it just so happened that it was the very apartment they had taken me to tour, the newly remodeled 1st floor one that was going for over $2100/month. It was being transitioned over to the Income Based program and we could get it for $1428/month if we qualified. I was already to jump online and buy a plane ticket for the next morning when I decided to just try, I asked her if there was any way I could just fax over the information to her. Boy, did I talk to just the right girl! She agreed to look at it all over fax. I had just recently finished doing our taxes so I had all the information we needed handy. I sent it over and it turns out our Texas income was just under the limit and we quickly got approved. I still am in awe how it all worked out, so many blessings!
It is a 1 bedroom apartment, and we are expecting a baby in 6 months. The thing that sold me was the closet. The blue/white striped sweater hanging is the half way mark of this closet. It is humongous and more like a half size bedroom. It will have plenty of space for our little baby. The rest of the apartment has hardwood flooring, granite countertops, crown molding, etc. It is such a nice apartment!
We're surrounded by parks with the most beautiful green grass! There are 5 playgrounds, a sand volleyball pit, a baseball diamond and lots of running trails. Also, across the street we have Walmart, Kohl's, Red Robin and L&L. We seriously could not ask for a better set up!

No comments:
Post a Comment